Matalene and Elijah

Matalene and Elijah
Big Sister and Little Brother

Saturday, December 5, 2009






Are you kidding me!!!
This is what I thought when I had to get my appendix out the Sunday before Thanksgiving! I also thought and said numerous times thank goodness for Morphine! The strange thing is that I had two similar attacks while I was pregnant. This is weird but one doctor told me some people can have chronic appendicitis. Anyway, this last one hit me harder than the first two. The first "attack" as I call them was when I was 32wks pregnant. Matt went to the beach with his friends and my sister came to help me out. Matt and I thought I had a virus. However, to me I thought I was going to die! The second time was a week before Elijah was born. I felt the same as before and finally I woke Matt up at 1am and we went to the hospital. I threw up in the ER on my way to LandD so of course the OB on call said I had a virus. I did not even see a doctor that night. The nurse said I was contracting too, but I did not feel them because I was so uncomfortable everywhere. Finally, I felt better and told the nurse oh yeah I feel a contraction now. They gave me fluids and zofran and sent me home. I thought this sure isn't a virus, but what do I know! I figured everything must be worse when you are pregnant! Then, the Saturday before Thanksgiving I woke up with a back ache and just not feeling right. Then, the feelings I had the previous two "attacks" as I call them began. I thought oh no! After talking to my sisters I decided to go to the ER. Once I got in my ER room I got very nausea and the pain got worse. The pain was not localized to any one are. I felt a constant discomfort everywhere. I could not sit still and asked Matt for them to just knock me out NOW. Finally, I saw a MD and upon exam the MD pushed where the appendix is and it did hurt. Then, 8 LONG hours later and some morphine they diagnosed me with an acute appendicitis. Are you kidding me!! Well, two weeks later I can write about this situation and can clearly see that things in our family will get better. I can find positives in this situation. We are thankful that the appendix not rupture while I was pregnant! We Ask our readers for continued prayers for our family! We are thankful for our faith in God because during our struggles he has helped us see that we will survive and persevere. I am thankful to have Matt in my life as he reminds me of this! For those of you who know Matt personally you know that he is a calm and positive person. I am sooo thankful he is my husband is there to support me through challenging situations! Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids! I will have an update on Elijah at the end of the week. He goes to his 2month check up and shots on Friday.
We put the tree up this week. (That's the only Christmas decoration we can manage this year.) Mattie enjoyed this activity. She found two shiny ornaments that I had to snatch out of her little hands and in the process I broke her little heart. You all know the age! I tried to beg and plead for her to give them to me, but nothing worked! Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So sorry you haven't been well! I am thankful that the doctor finally took care of you. Did you have surgery?