Matalene and Elijah

Matalene and Elijah
Big Sister and Little Brother

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thanks Rachel!! Funny you offer this advice because 2 days ago I decided to do this and she has had two naps FINALLY! She has never gone this long without a nap so I was getting pretty terrified! Since Mattie is NOT getting out of her bed, which I am very thankful for, I decided that I was going to treat her SITTING UP OR PLAYING similar to GETTING OUT OF THE BED. So for two days I got my TV monitor hooked up outside her door and when she sat up I quietly went in and laid her down. Finally she stayed lying down and after a LONG time she dosed off. Naps are running later than usual since I have to get Elijah situated first, but at this point and nap is better than no nap. Thanks again Rachel! I just hope I can keep this up and she begins to sleep easier. I also told her three days ago that we can paint if she sleeps during nap time. The first day she did not sleep no painting. The past two days she has woken up saying "Paint Ma Ma Paint"! She forgets NOTHING!
I took Mattie to Kindermusik today while Aunt Heather watched Elijah. We had a wonderful time together! She is the youngest in the class and is a little shy, but I know she will open up more and more!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad that helped! Hopefully, I'll be able to take my own advice someday and have it work! :) I can't wait to meet Elijah someday.