Matalene and Elijah

Matalene and Elijah
Big Sister and Little Brother

Friday, November 13, 2009

What a week we have had!! Matt came home from work with a high Fever Monday. Of course he finished his shift first. He spent the night at his moms house. The same night Elijah started throwing up. It started as a questionable bad spit up! If you remember Mattie spit up all the time so I was not too sure if he was sick or spitting up. That morning he really threw up. So I took his temp. I got 100.4 which my pediatrician papers say to come to the office immediately. I took his clothes off and rechecked sometime later and he still had a fever. Daddy called in sick that day and rushed over from his moms. He went to urgent care that night and was negative for flu and strep. He watched Mattie while Elijah and I headed to the doctor in the pooring rain! He still had a fever at the office. The pediatrician felt that with his young age, 33days old, and premature delivery with a NICU stay ment we had to be admitted to the hospital to run tests. After two LONG days and nights in the hospital we are home. They are thinking he had a virus of some sort. He threw up a bottle today. However, I can see improvement as he wants to eat and is more alert. He is still pretty fussy after he eats but gas drops and holding him seems to do the trick. Mattie got a pretty nasty cold while I was away, her SECOND one since we brought Elijah home. Geeze! We are pretty tired and can't wait for life to be a little more normal around here! Please pray this happens soon! I will have more pictures soon! Elijah is 10lbs4oz now. He is huge!!

1 comment:

Hardy Family said...

I am so sorry Paulene, parenthood is never easy is it. Prayers are with you.