Matalene and Elijah

Matalene and Elijah
Big Sister and Little Brother

Friday, October 16, 2009

Elijah is home!! We brought him home Tuesday around lunch time. Mama took Elijah to the doctor Thursday and he is doing great! He is almost up to his birth weight of 7lbs8oz. Elijah has been choking on his bottles so the doctor gave us some preemie nipples to help slow the flow of the milk and gave us some diaper cream for his bad rash. I noticed this rash in the hospital when it was beginning and now it's pretty intense. Elijah is a great baby! Mattie is sweet to him and likes to touch is hair. Mattie is VERY clingy to Daddy right now. I am trying to do a lot more with her to help her get used to me because Daddy heads off to work soon. She has also started some awful tantrums. They started when we went to the hospital. I've never left her that long before and we kept leaving her to go visit the hospital. We are hoping these fits get better soon as she gets back into a routine. Any advice would be great! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Elijah! We hope you enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He is so sweet! I love that photo of Mattie coloring her pumpkin. She is adorable. I wish I could give you advice, but I can't begin to imagine wrangling a toddler with a newborn in tow! Good luck! :)

Mommy P said...

Love all the pictures! He is such a cutie! Gracie started throwing horrible tantrums right after Mary Faith came home too. I honestly don't know if it was because of Mary Faith, or her age. She still has some tantrums, especially when we're out in public, but is doing better overall. I try to to give Gracie extra attention, and "tell" Mary Faith that she'll have to wait or that she can't have something, which seems to help sometimes.